Validation of Communications Systems with SDL: The Art of SDL Simulation and Reachability Analysis
Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Laurent Doldi
Published Online: 28 JAN 2005
Print ISBN: 9780470852866
Online ISBN: 9780470014158
About this Book
Validation of Communications Systems with SDL provides a clear practical guide to validating, by simulation, a telecom system modelled in SDL. SDL, the Specification and Description Language standardised by the International Telecommunication Union (ITU-T), is used to specify and develop complex systems such as GSM, GPRS, UMTS, IEEE 802.11 or Hiperlan. Since the downturn in the telecom industry, validating a system before its implementation has become mandatory to reduce costs.
This volume guides you step by step through the validation of a simplified protocol layer, from interactive simulation to proof of properties using reachability analysis combined with observers. Every step is explained, using the two main SDL tools commercially available: ObjectGeode™ and Tau SDL™ Suite, both from Telelogic.
- Short tutorial on SDL
- Presentation of the protocol layer case study
- Interactive simulation, MSC generation
- Scripting, automatic non-regression
- Auto matic validation against MSC, HMSC, etc.
- Random simulation
- Exhaustive and bit-state simulation
- Errors detected and not detected by simulation
- Other simulator features
This book offers you the opportunity to:
- Learn expert validation techniques and tips
- Master advanced simulation features of Telelogic ObjectGeode™ and Tau SDL Suite™
- Practice 156 hands-on exercises with solutions. The SDL models and scripts used in the exercises can be downloaded from the Web.