Risk and Financial Management: Mathematical and Computational Methods
Copyright © 2004 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Charles Tapiero
Published Online: 21 JUN 2004
Print ISBN: 9780470849088
Online ISBN: 9780470020364
About this Book
About The Product
Financial risk management has become a popular practice amongst financial institutions to protect against the adverse effects of uncertainty caused by fluctuations in interest rates, exchange rates, commodity prices, and equity prices. New financial instruments and mathematical techniques are continuously developed and introduced in financial practice. These techniques are being used by an increasing number of firms, traders and financial risk managers across various industries. Risk and Financial Management: Mathematical and Computational Methods confronts the many issues and controversies, and explains the fundamental concepts that underpin financial risk management.
- Provides a comprehensive introduction to the core topics of risk and financial management.
- Adopts a pragmatic approach, focused on computational, rather than just theoretical, methods.
- Bridges the gap between theory and practice in financial risk management
- Includes coverage of utility theory, probability, options and derivatives, stochastic volatility and value at risk.
- Suitable for students of risk, mathematical finance, and financial risk management, and finance practitioners.
- Includes extensive reference lists, applications and suggestions for further reading.
Risk and Financial Management: Mathematical and Computational Methods is ideally suited to both students of mathematical finance with little background in economics and finance, and students of financial risk management, as well as finance practitioners requiring a clearer understanding of the mathematical and computational methods they use every day. It combines the required level of rigor, to support the theoretical developments, with a practical flavour through many examples and applications.