Advanced Dynamic-system Simulation: Model-replication Techniques and Monte Carlo Simulation
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Granino A. Korn
Published Online: 18 MAY 2006
Print ISBN: 9780470081884
Online ISBN: 9780470085165
About this Book
Learn the latest techniques in programming sophisticated simulation systems
This cutting-edge text presents the latest techniques in advanced simulation programming for interactive modeling and simulation of dynamic systems, such as aerospace vehicles, control systems, and biological systems. The author, a leading authority in the field, demonstrates computer software that can handle large simulation studies on standard personal computers. Readers can run, edit, and modify the sample simulations from the text with the accompanying CD-ROM, featuring the OPEN DESIRE program for Linux and Windows. The program included on CD solves up to 40,000 ordinary differential equations and implements exceptionally fast and convenient vector operations.
The text begins with an introduction to dynamic-system simulation, including a demonstration of a simple guided-missile simulation. Among the other highlights of coverage are:
- Models that involve sampled-data operations and sampled-data difference equations, including improved techniques for proper numerical integration of switched variables
- Novel vector compiler that produces exceptionally fast programs for vector and matrix assignments, differential equations, and difference equations
- Application of vector compiler to parameter-influence studies and Monte Carlo simulation of dynamic systems
- Vectorized Monte Carlo simulations involving time-varying noise, derived from periodic pseudorandom-noise samples
- Vector models of neural networks, including a new pulsed-neuron model
- Vectorized programs for fuzzy-set controller, partial differential equations, and agro-ecological models replicated at many points of a landscape map
This text is intended for graduate-level students, engineers, and computer scientists, particularly those involved in aerospace, control system design, chemical process control, and biological systems. All readers will gain the practical skills they need to design sophisticated simulations of dynamic systems.
Note: CD-ROM/DVD and other supplementary materials are not included as part of eBook file.