Electric Vehicle Technology Explained
Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): James Larminie, John Lowry
Published Online: 16 JAN 2004
Print ISBN: 9780470851630
Online ISBN: 9780470090701
About this Book
About The Product
While the classic battery electric car continues to make only a small impact on the automobile market, other types of electric vehicle, especially hybrids, have made significant and promising improvements. Moreover, small battery electric vehicles such as bicycles and mobility aids are also developing well. Presenting more than 160 diagrams and pictures, this book explains the science and technology behind these important developments, and also introduces the issues that underpin the design and performance modelling of electric vehicles.
Electric Vehicle Technology Explained:
- Encompasses a full range of electric vehicles: bicycles, mobility aids, delivery vehicles and buses - not just cars.
- Covers all the basic technology relating to electric road vehicles - batteries, super capacitors, flywheels, fuel cells, electric motors and their controllers, and system design.
- Considers the environmental benefits and disadvantages of electric vehicles and their component devices.
- Includes case studies of a range of batteries, hybrids and fuel cell powered vehicles, from bicycles to buses.
- Offers many MATLAB® examples explaining the design of appropriate computer prediction models.
Professionals, researchers and engineers in the electric vehicle industry as well as advanced students in electrical and mechanical engineering will benefit from this comprehensive coverage of electric vehicle technology.