Practical Methods for Design and Analysis of Complex Surveys, Second Edition
Copyright © 2004 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Risto Lehtonen, Erkki Pahkinen
Published Online: 10 FEB 2004
Print ISBN: 9780470847695
Online ISBN: 9780470091647
Series Editor(s): Vic Barnett
About this Book
Large surveys are becoming increasingly available for public use, and researchers are often faced with the need to analyse complex survey data to address key scientific issues. For proper analysis it is also important to be aware of the different aspects of the design of complex surveys. Practical Methods for Design and Analysis of Complex Surveys features intermediate and advanced statistical techniques for use in designing and analysing complex surveys. This extensively updated edition features much new material, and detailed practical exercises with links to a Web site, helping instructors and enabling use for distance learning.
* Provides a comprehensive introduction to sampling and estimation in descriptive surveys, including design effect statistic and use of auxiliary data.
* Includes detailed coverage of complex survey analysis, including design-based ANOVA and logistic regression with GEE estimation.
* Contains much new material, including handling of non-sampling errors, and model-assisted estimation for domains.
* Features detailed real-li fe case studies, such as multilevel modeling in a multinational educational survey.
* Supported by a Web site containing software codes, real data sets, computerized exercises with solutions, and online training materials.
Practical Methods for Design and Analysis of Complex Surveys provides a useful practical resource for researchers and practitioners working in the planning, implementation or analysis of complex surveys and opinion polls, including business, educational, health, social, and socio-economic surveys and official statistics. In addition, the book is well suited for use on intermediate and advanced courses in survey sampling.