Metabolome Analysis: An Introduction
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Dr. Silas G. Villas-Bôas, Dr. Ute Roessner, Dr. Michael A. E. Hansen, Dr. Jørn Smedsgaard, Dr. Jens Nielsen
Published Online: 30 JUN 2006
Print ISBN: 9780471743446
Online ISBN: 9780470105511
About this Book
About The Product
Providing information on the main approaches for the analysis of metabolites, this textbook:
- Covers basic methodologies in sample preparation and separation techniques, as well as the most recent techniques of mass spectrometry.
- Differentiates between primary and secondary metabolites.
- Includes four chapters discussing successful metabolome studies of different organisms.
- Highlights the analytical challenges of studying metabolites.
- Illustrates applications of metabolome analysis through the use of case studies.