Sampling and Analysis of Indoor Microorganisms
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): Chin S. Yang, Patricia A. Heinsohn
Published Online: 1 AUG 2006
Print ISBN: 9780471730934
Online ISBN: 9780470112434
About this Book
Investigation techniques and analytical methodologies for addressing microbial contamination indoors
Microbial contamination indoors is a significant environmental and occupational health and safety problem. This book provides fundamental background information on fungal and bacterial growth indoors as well as in-depth, practical approaches to analyzing and remedying problems. The information helps investigators, laboratory managers, and environmental health professionals properly use state-of-the-science methods and correctly interpret the results. With chapters by expert microbiologists, mycologists, environmental professionals, and industrial hygienists, Sampling and Analysis of Indoor Microorganisms is a multidisciplinary, comprehensive reference on advanced approaches, covering:
- Microbiological problems in a water-damaged environment
- Indoor construction techniques and materials that impact environmental microbiology
- Microbial ecology indoors, airborne bacteria, genetic-based analytical methods, and statistical tools for microorganism analysis
- Microbiological sampling approaches
- Mold removal principles and methods, including specialized microbial remediation techniques for HVAC systems, legionellas and biofilms, and sewage contamination
- A forensic approach toward the assessment of fungal growth in the indoor environment
A must-have guide for practicing professionals, including environmental health and safety personnel, public health officials, and building and construction engineers and architects, this is also a valuable reference for attorneys, home inspectors, water restoration personnel, mold remediation contractors, insurance adjusters, and others.