GSM Switching, Services and Protocols, Second Edition
Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Jörg Eberspächer, Hans-Jörg Vögel, Christian Bettstetter
Published Online: 27 SEP 2001
Print ISBN: 9780471499039
Online ISBN: 9780470841747
About this Book
Since the publication of the first edition the number of GSM subscribers has exploeded and it is now deployed in more than 140 countries worldwide. Revised and updated GSM Switching, Services and Protocols now features the abundant new services and applications that GSM can provide. By focusing on the fundamentals of the mobile radio systems, it provides an excellent introductory insight to the whole area of GSM cellular radio. By providing an easy-to-follow instructive text, this second edition will have insight appeal to telecommunication engineers, researchers, adn developers. The highly graphical approach and numerous illustrations will also make it an indispensable reference for senior undergraduates and postgraduates in electrical and computer engineering.
- Details the GSM phase 2+ services, including new data and speech services and service platforms, such as AMR, ASCI. CAMEL and EFR
- Features a brand new chapter on General Packet Radio Service (GPRS)
- Contains a completly revised and expanded chapter 'GSM - The story goes on'
- Presents new sections on Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) and the migration to UMTS
- Includes expaned and updated chapters on Logical Channels and Channel Coding