e-EROS Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis
Copyright © 1999-2013 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780470842898
About this Database
The One Source for In-Depth Information on Reagents and Catalysts
Welcome to the home of e-EROS, the online version of the critically acclaimed Encyclopedia of Reagents for Organic Synthesis. This online edition is more than a Major Reference Work, as it combines the complete text of the Encyclopedia with the sophistication of a Database including all the chemical reactions and structures!
There are a number of ways to find what you need in e-EROS:
• by browsing through the A – Z list of Reagents [see Reagent Names]
• by searching through e-EROS and across all Wiley products [see Search In This Title]
• by chemical structure, substructure and reaction searching straight from the desktop [see Structure Search],
• or by looking up names of authors [see Contributors].
e-EROS contains a database of around 70,000 reactions and more than 4000 of the most frequently consulted reagents and catalysts, and is fully searchable by structure and substructure, reagent, reaction type and experimental conditions etc.
e-EROS offers a systematic and exhaustive coverage of reagents used in organic synthesis. The Editors are keeping e-EROS up-to-date by regularly adding new reagents and catalysts, and by updating existing articles whenever felt necessary [see What’s New]. The A to Z listing covers classical reagents, new "designer" reagents and catalysts.
Information at your fingertips!
e-EROS has been designed and developed by chemists for chemists to enable the user to find the most suitable reagent or catalyst for performing particular reactions. A variety of searching options are available that mirror the way chemists think. Search by:
- CAS numbers or InChI’s or InChI Keys new!
- Authors with links to their articles new!
- Keywords and phrases (full text)
- Reagent Name, Reaction Name, Catalyst Name, Solvent Name, Product Yield, Temperature, Authors, Reference and Publication Year
- Structures or Reactions: Substructure, Structure Exact and Reaction.
- e-EROS articles available as html or pdf files new!
- Separate windows enable you to view the search results, while viewing the text simultaneously
- Structure and reaction searching takes you directly to drawing in the text where the hits are found
- Full text searching gives highlighted hits in the text with hyperlinking to the next and previous hits
- Search results give you the reagent name plus reaction type
- Use the Java Applet, ISIS/DRAW or ChemDraw to enter structure queries [depending on the configuration of your computer].
EROS Best Reagent Award
EROS Best Reagent Award sponsored by Aldrich® Chemistry and John Wiley & Sons
Congratulations to the Huw Davies Research Group for winning the EROS Best Reagent Award 2013 for the reagent Methyl (E)-4-Phenyl-2-diazo-3-butenoate
Watch the 2012 Award Lectureby Bruce H. Lipshutz brought to you by ChemistryViews