Temperature Measurement, Second Edition
Copyright © 2001 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): L. Michalski, K. Eckersdorf, J. Kucharski, J. McGhee
Published Online: 26 APR 2002
Print ISBN: 9780471867791
Online ISBN: 9780470846131
About this Book
The accurate measurement of temperature is a vital parameter in many fields of engineering and scientific practice. Responding to emerging trends, this classic reference has been fully revised to include coverage of the latest instrumentation and measurement methods.
* Brand new chapters on computerised temperature measuring systems, signal conditioning and temperature measurement in medicine
* Sections on noise thermometers, the development of photoelectric and multi-wavelength pyrometers and the latest IEC (International Electrotechnical Commission) standards
* Coverage of fibre optic thermometers, imaging of temperature fields and measurement in hazardous areas
* Examination of virtual instruments in temperature measurement, and new methods for themometer calibration
* Many numerical examples, tables and diagrams
Practising instrument engineers, graduate students and researchers in the fields of mechanical, electrical and electronic engineering and in other industrial areas will welcome this balanced approach to both the theory and practice of temperature measurement.