Statistical Analysis of Cost-effectiveness Data
Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Andrew R. Willan, Andrew H. Briggs
Published Online: 18 AUG 2006
Print ISBN: 9780470856260
Online ISBN: 9780470856284
Series Editor(s): Stephen Senn, Marian Scott, Peter Bloomfield
About this Book
The statistical analysis of cost-effectiveness data is becoming increasingly important within health and medical research. Statistical Analysis of Cost-Effectiveness Data provides a practical book that synthesises the huge amount of research that has taken place in the area over the last two decades.
Comprising an up-to-date overview of the statistical analysis of cost-effectiveness data, the book is supported by numerous worked examples from the author's own experience. It has been written in a style suitable for medical statisticians and health care professionals alike. Key features include:
- an overview of statistical methods used in the analysis of cost-effectiveness data.
- coverage of Bayesian methodology.
- illustrated throughout by worked examples using real data.
- suitability for health care professionals with limited statistical knowledge.
- discussion of software used for data analysis.
An essential reference for biostatisticians and health economists engaged in cost-effectiveness analysis of health-care interventions, both in academia and industry. Also of interest to graduate students of biostatistics, public health and economics.