Nuclear Electronics: Superconducting Detectors and Processing Techniques
Copyright © 2004 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Vladimir Polushkin
Published Online: 28 JAN 2005
Print ISBN: 9780470857595
Online ISBN: 9780470857694
About this Book
With the commercialisation of superconducting particles and radiation detectors set to occur in the very near future, nuclear analytical instrumentation is taking a big step forward. These new detectors have a high degree of accuracy, stability and speed and are suitable for high-density multiplex integration in nuclear research laboratories and astrophysics. Furthermore, superconducting detectors can also be successfully applied to food safety, airport security systems, medical examinations, doping tests & forensic investigations.
This book is the first to address a new generation of analytical tools based on new superconductor detectors demonstrating outstanding performance unsurpassed by any other conventional devices. Presenting the latest research and development in nanometer technologies and biochemistry this book:
* Discusses the development of nuclear sensing techniques.
* Provides guidance on the design and use of the next generation of detectors.
* Describes cryogenic detectors for nuclear measurements and spectrometry.
* Covers primary detectors, front-end readout electronics and digital signal processing.
* Presents applications in nanotechnology and modern biochemistry including DNA sequencing, proteinomics, microorganisms.
* Features examples of two applications in X-ray electron probe nanoanalysis and time-of-flight mass spectrometry.
This comprehensive treatment is the ideal reference for researchers, industrial engineers and graduate students involved in the development of high precision nuclear measurements, nuclear analytical instrumentation and advanced superconductor primary sensors. This book will also appeal to physicists, electrical and electronic engineers in the nuclear industry.