Analytical Network and System Administration: Managing Human-Computer Networks
Copyright © 2004 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Mark Burgess
Published Online: 28 JAN 2005
Print ISBN: 9780470861004
Online ISBN: 9780470861073
About this Book
About The Product
Network and system administration usually refers to the skill of keeping computers and networks running properly. But in truth, the skill needed is that of managing complexity. This book describes the science behind these complex systems, independent of the actual operating systems they work on.
It provides a theoretical approach to systems administration that:
- saves time in performing common system administration tasks.
- allows safe utilization of untrained and trained help in maintaining mission-critical systems.
- allows efficient and safe centralized network administration.
Managing Human-Computer Networks:
- Will show how to make informed analyses and decisions about systems, how to diagnose faults and weaknesses
- Gives advice/guidance as to how to determine optimal policies for system management
- Includes exercises that illustrate the key points of the book
The book provides a unique approach to an old problem and will become a classic for researchers and graduate students in Networking and Computer Science, as well as practicing system managers and system administrators.