Wireless Data Technologies
Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Vern A. Dubendorf
Published Online: 15 APR 2003
Print ISBN: 9780470849491
Online ISBN: 9780470861356
About this Book
The expansion and popularity of the Internet, along with the addition of wireless data functionality to wireless networks, has also contributed greatly to the growth of the wireless industry. In fact, the anticipated consumer demand for high bandwidth wireless data is commonly seen as the driving force behind current network upgrades and expansions. The number and types of companies aggressively investing in wireless technologies illustrate the importance of wireless data. Non-traditional telecommunications companies such as Cisco Systems, Intel, Microsoft, 3Com, and other professional services companies, are investing heavily in wireless product development and many have formed partnerships with wireless infrastructure manufacturers to help deliver wireless data services seamlessly to consumers.
Written by a respected author this self-contained overview of wireless date technologies will provide a highly sought after technical reference to all those working within the main areas of Wireless Data Services.
* Provides a self-contained reference which discusses the key wireless technologies including security
* Presents an overview of the wireless industry and its key components such as GSM, GPRS, CDMA, TDMA, UMTS, cdma2000, and Spread Spectrum, 802.11, 15 and 16 standards
* Discusses the currently hot topic of Wireless Security
* Includes a Foreword by Dr Bill Hancock, Chief Security Officer, Exodus Communications/Cable & Wireless
* Provides a ready reference as well as a reference to additional materials on each topic
Essential reading for all staff working for Telecom companies: engineers, researchers, managers etc.