Sensitivity Analysis in Practice: A Guide to Assessing Scientific Models
Copyright © 2004 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Andrea Saltelli, Stefano Tarantola, Francesca Campolongo, Marco Ratto
Published Online: 21 JUN 2004
Print ISBN: 9780470870938
Online ISBN: 9780470870952
About this Book
About The Product
Sensitivity analysis should be considered a pre-requisite for statistical model building in any scientific discipline where modelling takes place. For a non-expert, choosing the method of analysis for their model is complex, and depends on a number of factors. This book guides the non-expert through their problem in order to enable them to choose and apply the most appropriate method. It offers a review of the state-of-the-art in sensitivity analysis, and is suitable for a wide range of practitioners. It is focussed on the use of SIMLAB - a widely distributed freely-available sensitivity analysis software package developed by the authors - for solving problems in sensitivity analysis of statistical models.
Other key features:
- Provides an accessible overview of the current most widely used methods for sensitivity analysis.
- Opens with a detailed worked example to explain the motivation behind the book.
- Includes a range of examples to help illustrate the concepts discussed.
- Focuses on implementation of the methods in the software SIMLAB - a freely-available sensitivity analysis software package developed by the authors.
- Contains a large number of references to sources for further reading.
- Authored by the leading authorities on sensitivity analysis.