Spatial Ecology via Reaction-Diffusion Equations
Copyright © 2003 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Robert Stephen Cantrell, Chris Cosner
Published Online: 16 JAN 2004
Print ISBN: 9780471493013
Online ISBN: 9780470871294
Series Editor(s): Simon Levin
About this Book
About The Product
Many ecological phenomena may be modelled using apparently random processes involving space (and possibly time). Such phenomena are classified as spatial in their nature and include all aspects of pollution. This book addresses the problem of modelling spatial effects in ecology and population dynamics using reaction-diffusion models.
* Rapidly expanding area of research for biologists and applied mathematicians
* Provides a unified and coherent account of methods developed to study spatial ecology via reaction-diffusion models
* Provides the reader with the tools needed to construct and interpret models
* Offers specific applications of both the models and the methods
* Authors have played a dominant role in the field for years
Essential reading for graduate students and researchers working with spatial modelling from mathematics, statistics, ecology, geography and biology.