The Internet Encyclopedia
Copyright © 1999-2013 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780471482963
About this Book
The definitive, three-volume Internet Encyclopedia covers every aspect of the Internet for professionals. This comprehensive compendium offers a broad perspective on the Internet as a business tool, an IT platform, and a medium for communications and commerce. It presents leading-edge theory and recent developments as described by global experts from such prestigious institutions as Stanford University, Harvard University, and MIT and such leading corporations as Microsoft, IBM, Hewlett-Packard, and Sun Microsystems. Available in print or in subscription-based online format, it’s the only resource that offers complete, up-to-the-moment coverage of fast-moving Internet technology.
About the Editor-in-Chief
HOSSEIN BIDGOLI, PhD, is Professor of Management Information Systems at California State University, Bakersfield. Dr. Bidgoli helped set up the first PC lab in the United States. He is the author of 43 textbooks, 27 manuals, and over four dozen technical articles and papers on various aspects of computer applications, e-commerce, and information systems published and presented throughout the world. Dr. Bidgoli was selected as the California State University, Bakersfield’s 2001–2002 Professor of the Year.
- Chapters are presented in easy-to-read, user-friendly format with detailed crossreferencing and extensive online and off-line references to additional reading
- Includes more than 200 articles vigorously peer-reviewed by more than 800 academics and practitioners from around the world
- Features more than 1,000 illustrations and tables for in-depth understanding of complex subjects
- Articles are divided into eleven major categories that address key issues in design, utilization, and management of Internet-based systems
Includes over 200 articles in these 11 major categories:
- Foundation for the Internet and Web technologies
- Infrastructure for the Internet and e-commerce
- Design, implementation, and management of Web-based systems
- Security issues and measures for computers, networks, the Internet, and online transactions
- Legal, social, organizational, and taxation issues of the Internet and Web technologies
- Wireless Internet and e-commerce
- E-commerce: fundamentals, taxonomies, and supporting technologies
- Supply-chain management: fundamentals, technologies, and management
- Web design and programming
- The Internet and e-commerce applications
- Marketing and advertising on the Web: fundamentals, technologies, and management