Encyclopedic Dictionary of Genetics, Genomics, and Proteomics
Copyright © 1999-2012 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780471684220
Editor(s): George P. Rédei, University of Missouri.
About this Book
Welcome to the Encyclopedic Dictionary of Genetics, Genomics, and Proteomics online. Advances in the field of genetics present every student and researcher with the daunting challenge of staying on top of a wide range of subjects. This extensively expanded and thoroughly revised edition of the highly acclaimed original text provides a clearly written, user-friendly tool for navigating terminology, concepts, theories, applications, and technology in these dynamic disciplines.
The Encyclopedic Dictionary of Genetics, Genomics, and Proteomics includes a vast range of terms and concepts dealing with biochemistry, cell and developmental biology, immunology, hereditary diseases, and molecular evolution, as well as advances in genomics and proteomics. The nearly 25,000 alphabetically arranged entries are explained in a concise, yet detailed manner, including ample cross-references, literature citations, databases, tables, and illustrations. The Encyclopedic Dictionary also:
- Provides numerous clear diagrams, photographs, and tables
- Offers basic descriptions, detailed explanations, and references
- Covers the range of disciplines associated with modern genetics, genomics, and proteomics
- Features worked examples and explanations in plain, intelligible language
- Appeals to students, researchers, teachers, physicians, and nonspecialists
The Encyclopedic Dictionary of Genetics, Genomics, and Proteomics online is the perfect companion for anyone seeking a comprehensive and relevant source of information on these exciting subjects.