Effective Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Using the Team Approach
Copyright © 2005 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Bill Taylor
Published Online: 26 SEP 2005
Print ISBN: 9780471682318
Online ISBN: 9780471739401
About this Book
An important and highly actionable blueprint for optimum workplace safety
Health and safety management is an ongoing concern in today's workplace. Effective Environmental, Health, and Safety Management Using the Team Approach provides today's safety professionals with an excellent resource for protecting their organizations' most important resource-their employees. The author, a seasoned health and safety professional, provides a blueprint for installing a system that's been proven to reduce illness and injury on any job, in any industry, with a simple, logical approach that compares safety management to production and quality control-issues today's managers readily understand.
The system uses a team approach to get every level of an organization involved in the process of managing safety issues, with the ultimate goal being the development of a safety culture in which every employee has a personal interest in protecting their lives, their property, and their environment.
An ideal resource for industry managers as well as graduate-level courses in workplace safety and health, this text offers such special features as:
* Important checklists, including OSHA-required training, OSHA-required inspections, and OSHA-required postings and labeling
* Numerous health and safety resources, Web site addresses, and contact information for related organizations
* Real-world examples that illustrate important health and safety issues
* Helpful charts and forms to facilitate implementation of the team approach
* Frequently asked questions and answers for users of the system