Copyright © 1999-2014 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9783527600038
About this Book
Biopolymers Online Covers all Classes and Aspects of Biopolymers
Biopolymers Online with Editor in Chief Alexander Steinbüchel provides a comprehensive overview of the occurrence, metabolism, and applications of all important biopolymer classes. This reference work treats processes for biotechnological production, isolation from organisms and modification, material properties and technical uses in areas such as chemical and food industries, medicine, pharmacy, and materials science.
- Covers the whole field of biopolymers from an application-oriented and biotechnological point of view
- Comprises approximately 180 articles with over 1500 figures and 600 tables
- Lists approximately 500 biopolymers and more than 3000 organisms related to the production of biopolymers
- Includes extensive patent information and world-wide economic data
- Features sustainable alternatives to chemically synthesized polymers offering new environmental-friendly and cost-saving perspectives for industrial uses
Praise for the print edition:
“… provides universal coverage of an emerging field where classical polymers science is blending with molecular biology. Timely information for industrial and academic scientists is available in this ‘one stop’ encyclopedia.”
Robert H. Marchessault, McGill University, Canada