Modern Cyclophane Chemistry
Copyright © 2004 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Editor(s): Rolf Gleiter, Henning Hopf
Published Online: 12 JUL 2005
Print ISBN: 9783527307135
Online ISBN: 9783527603961
About this Book
Here, the editors Rolf Gleiter and Henning Hopf present an excellent overview of all the important aspects and latest results in cyclophane chemistry. Clearly structured and covering the entire range, the book introduces readers to the most recent research in the field. Twenty chapters, written by well-known scientists, cover in particular:
- synthesis of carbo- and heterocyclic cyclophanes and metallocenophanes,
- structural and spectroscopic properties of cyclophanes,
- current and future applications in synthesis and material science,
- novel reactions of cyclophanes,
- use of cyclophanes as building blocks in supramolecular chemistry
for this fascinating class of compounds.
Thus, this is not only an extremely valuable source of information for synthetic organic chemists, but also a ready reference for scientists working in related fields of arene chemistry, stereoselective synthesis, material science, and bioorganic chemistry.