Mathematical Tools for Physicists
Copyright © 2005 Wiley-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA
Editor(s): George L. Trigg
Published Online: 4 MAY 2006
Print ISBN: 9783527405480
Online ISBN: 9783527607778
About this Book
About The Product
Mathematical Tools for Physisists is a unique collection of 18 review articles, each one written by a renowned expert of its field. Their professional style will be beneficial for advanced students as well as for the scientist at work. The first may find a comprehensive introduction while the latter use it as a quick reference.
The contributions range from fundamental methods right up to the latest applications, including:
- Algebraic/ analytic / geometric methods
- Symmetries and conservation laws
- Mathematical modelling
- Quantum computation
Great attention was paid to ensuring fast access to the information, and each carefully reviewed article features:
- an abstract
- a detailed table of contents
- continuous cross-referencing
- references to the most relevant publications in the field, and
- suggestions for further reading, both introductory as well as highly specialized.
In addition, a comprehensive index provides easy access to the enormous number of key words beyond the headlines.