Data Lifecycles: Managing Data for Strategic Advantage
Copyright © 2007 VERITAS Software Corporation
Author(s): Roger Reid, Gareth Fraser-King, W. David Schwaderer
Published Online: 28 NOV 2006
Print ISBN: 9780470016336
Online ISBN: 9780470028728
About this Book
Businesses now rely almost entirely on applications and databases, causing data and storage needs to increase at astounding rates. It is therefore imperative for a company to optimize and simplify the complexity of managing its data resources.
Plenty of storage products are now available, however the challenge remains for companies to proactively manage their storage assets and align the resources to the various departments, divisions, geographical locations and business processes to achieve improved efficiency and profitability. Data Lifecycles identifies ways to incorporate an intelligent service platform to manage and map the storage of data. The authors give an overview of the latest trends and technologies in storage networking and cover critical issues such as world-wide compliance.
- Provides a single-source guide to data and storage methodologies, processes, technologies and compliance issues.
- Addresses the need of an encompassing intelligent data and storage management platform for modern businesses.
- Gives an overview of the latest data technologies and concepts such as utility computing and information lifecycle management.
- Clearly defines and describes lifecycle management and strategies to ensure growth of critical business data.
- Shows how to dramatically reduce the total cost of storage ownership and provide rapid return on investment.
- Enables customers to make decisions directed toward the purchase of storage tools and storage management solutions.
This text is an ideal introduction to modern data lifecycle management for network managers, system administrators, storage/system architects, network managers, information management directors as well as CIO/CTOs and their teams, senior IT managers and decision makers, and database administrators.