Wiley Encyclopedia of Chemical Biology
Copyright © 1999-2014 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780470048672
About this Book
Wiley Encyclopedia of Chemical Biology is an authoritative work illuminating the crucial role of chemistry and chemical techniques in the life sciences, and is essential for academic researchers and advanced students looking for timely review-type information in this field. The reference reflects the multidimensional character of chemical biology, focusing in particular on the fundamental science of biological structures and systems, the use of chemical and biological techniques to elucidate that science, and the applications of this knowledge in areas as diverse as drug discovery, sensor technology, and catalysis.
Major topics covered include:
- Chemical Views of Biology
- Biomolecules within the Cell
- Chemistry of Biological Processes and Systems
- Chemical Biology of Cellular Compartments
- Synthetic Molecules as Tools for Chemical Biology
- Technologies and Techniques in Chemical Biology
- Applications of Chemical Biology