Ultra Wideband Signals and Systems in Communication Engineering, Second Edition
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): M. Ghavami, L. B. Michael, R. Kohno
Published Online: 10 JAN 2007
Print ISBN: 9780470027639
Online ISBN: 9780470060490
About this Book
About The Product
The thoroughly revised and updated second edition of Ultra Wideband Signals and Systems in Communication Engineering features new standards, developments and applications. It addresses not only recent developments in UWB communication systems, but also related IEEE standards such as IEEE 802.15 wireless personal area network (WPAN). Examples and problems are included in each chapter to aid understanding.
Enhanced with new chapters and several sections including Standardization, advanced topics in UWB Communications and more applications, this book is essential reading for senior undergraduates and postgraduate students interested in studying UWB. The emphasis on UWB development for commercial consumer communications products means that any communication engineer or manager cannot afford to be without it!
New material included in the second edition:
- Two new chapters covering new regulatory issues for UWB systems and new systems such as ad-hoc and sensor networks, MAC protocols and space-time coding for UWB systems
- IEEE proposals for channel models and their specifications
- Interference and coexistence of UWB with other systems
- UWB antennas and arrays, and new types of antennas for UWB systems such as printed bow-tie antennas
- Coverage of new companies working on UWB such as Artimi and UBISense
- UWB potential for use in medicine, including cardiology, respiratory medicine, obstetrics and gynaecology, emergency room and acute care, assistance for disabled people, and throat and vocals
Companion website features a solutions manual, Matlab programs and electronic versions of all figures.