Wiley Handbook of Science and Technology for Homeland Security
Copyright © 1999-2014 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780470087923
About this Book
The Wiley Handbook of Science and Technology for Homeland Security is an essential and timely collection of resources designed to support the effective communication of homeland security research across all disciplines and institutional boundaries. This reference focuses on the science behind safety, security, and recovery from both man-made and natural disasters has a broad scope and international focus.
- Educates researchers in the critical needs of the homeland security and intelligence communities and the potential contributions of their own disciplines
- Emphasizes the role of fundamental science in creating novel technological solutions
- Details the international dimensions of homeland security and counterterrorism research
- Provides guidance on technology diffusion from the laboratory to the field
- Supports cross-disciplinary dialogue in this field between operational, R&D and consumer communities