Fundamentals of Micromechanics of Solids
Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Jianmin Qu, Mohammed Cherkaoui
Published Online: 23 MAR 2007
Print ISBN: 9780471464518
Online ISBN: 9780470117835
About this Book
The complete primer to micromechanics
Fundamentals of Micromechanics of Solids is the first book integrating various approaches in micromechanics into a unified mathematical framework, complete with coverage of both linear and nonlinear behaviors. Based on this unified framework, results from the authors' own research, as well as existing results in the literature are re-derived in a logical, pedagogical, and understandable approach. It enables readers to follow the various developments of micromechanics theories and quickly understand its wide range of applications of micromechanics.
This helpful guide is a powerful tool for learning the most fundamental ideas and approaches, basic concepts, principles, and methodologies of micromechanics. Readers will find:
* Vigorous derivations of the mathematical framework
* Introductions to both linear and nonlinear material behavior
* Unique coverage of brittle damage, shape memory alloys, and TRIP steels
* Large numbers of problems and exercises to support teaching and learning the concepts
* Lists of references and suggested readings in each chapter