Stormwater Management for Land Development: Methods and Calculations for Quantity Control
Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): Thomas A. Seybert
Published Online: 2 APR 2007
Print ISBN: 9780471721772
Online ISBN: 9780470121450
About this Book
Introductory guide to hydraulics, hydrology, and stormwater management design
Stormwater Management for Land Development is a unique, much-needed book on developing stormwater management plans that only requires readers to understand algebra, trigonometry, and geometry. Beginning with the fundamentals, it walks readers through the ABCs of fluid mechanics and hydrology and presents practical methods and designs to control stormwater.
Useful to the growing group of professional surveyors and engineers who may not have taken fluid mechanics or hydrology courses, Stormwater Management for Land Development features:
* Sections on elementary fluid mechanics including statics, dynamics, and open channel flow
* Sections on practical hydrology including design rainfall, travel time, and runoff methods
* Material on NRCS/SCS unit hydrograph and TR-55 tabular hydrograph procedures, with reference to the latest WinTR-55 variant
* Design methods for stormwater conveyance, including storm sewer, culvert, and open channel designs
* A detailed procedure for sizing and designing a multiple stage outlet structure for multiple event detention requirements
* More than seventy-five example problems illustrating fluid flow and hydrology calculation methods
* Review problems at the end of most chapters
With more than 150 helpful illustrations, Stormwater Management for Land Development is the most comprehensive, basic guide to hydraulics, hydrology, and stormwater management design methods for quantity control.