The Vertical Transportation Handbook, Third Edition
Copyright © 1998 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): George R. Strakosch
Published Online: 27 NOV 2007
Print ISBN: 9780471162919
Online ISBN: 9780470172865
About this Book
The bible of elevator and escalator system design for more than three decades-now completely revised and updated
Over the past thirty years, profound changes in technology, building codes, and the demands of the marketplace have transformed the vertical transportation industry. The Vertical Transportation Handbook, Third Edition incorporates all of these changes and innovations as it surveys the entire range of VT mechanisms from elevators and wheelchair platforms to escalators and moving walks.
Emphasizing modernization of existing systems, VTH, Third Edition enables the layperson to understand how specific elevators and escalators are applied, installed, operated, regulated, specified, and maintained. New chapters focus on advanced technologies, the growing impact of microprocessors, emergency operating systems, the role of the consultant, traffic studies, and more.
Other outstanding features of this new edition include:
* Complete overview of all aspects of vertical transportation, including unconventional applications and the latest trends
* Expanded coverage of international practices and procedures
* Samples of actual maintenance contracts
* Current safety requirements for escalators and elevators during fires, earthquakes, and other emergencies
* Extensive use of tables and an appendix of sources
The most comprehensive publication of its kind, The Vertical Transportation Handbook, Third Edition is an indispensable tool for architects, contractors, and real estate professionals who must assess the best and most efficient mechanisms for moving people and freight in buildings of any type.