Applied Regression Including Computing and Graphics
Copyright © 1999 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): R. Dennis Cook, Sanford Weisberg
Published Online: 27 MAY 2008
Print ISBN: 9780471317111
Online ISBN: 9780470316948
Book Series: Wiley Series in Probability and Statistics
About this Book
A step-by-step guide to computing and graphics in regression analysis
In this unique book, leading statisticians Dennis Cook and Sanford Weisberg expertly blend regression fundamentals and cutting-edge graphical techniques. They combine and up- date most of the material from their widely used earlier work, An Introduction to Regression Graphics, and Weisberg's Applied Linear Regression; incorporate the latest in statistical graphics, computing, and regression models; and wind up with a modern, fully integrated approach to one of the most important tools of data analysis.
In 23 concise, easy-to-digest chapters, the authors present:? A wealth of simple 2D and 3D graphical techniques, helping visualize results through graphs
* An improved version of the user-friendly Arc software, which lets readers promptly implement new ideas
* Complete coverage of regression models, including logistic regression and generalized linear models
* More than 300 figures, easily reproducible on the computer
* Numerous examples and problems based on real data
* A companion Web site featuring free software and advice, available at www.wiley.com/mathem atics
Accessible, self-contained, and fully referenced, Applied Regression Including Computing and Graphics assumes only a first course in basic statistical methods and provides a bona fide user manual for the Arc software. It is an invaluable resource for anyone interested in learning how to analyze regression problems with confidence and depth.