Chemical Biology: Applications and Techniques
Copyright © 2006 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): Banafshé Larijani, Colin. A. Rosser, Rudiger Woscholski
Published Online: 27 APR 2007
Print ISBN: 9780470090640
Online ISBN: 9780470319253
About this Book
About The Product
Written by a team of international researchers and teachers at the cutting edge of chemical biology research, this book provides an exciting, comprehensive introduction to a wide range of chemical and physical techniques with applications in areas as diverse as molecular biology, signal transduction, drug discovery and medicine.
Techniques include: Cryo-electron microscopy, atomic force microscopy, differential scanning calorimetry in the study of lipid structures, membrane potentials and membrane probes, identification and quantification of lipids using mass spectroscopy, liquid state NMR, solid state NMR in biomembranes, molecular dynamics, two dimensional infra-red studies of biomolecules, single and two-photon fluorescence, optical tweezers, PET imaging and chemical genetics.
- a unique guide to the rapidly evolving, interdisciplinary field of chemical biology.
- adopts a molecular structure for maximum flexibility.
- addresses relevant, topical chemical biological questions throughout.
- includes stunning illustrations.
- associates website with PowerPoint slides of figures within the book.