Canine and Feline Geriatric Oncology: Honoring the Human-Animal Bond
Copyright © 2007 Blackwell Publishing
Author(s): Dr. Alice Villalobos, Laurie Kaplan
Published Online: 28 JAN 2008
Print ISBN: 9780813802664
Online ISBN: 9780470344446
About this Book
Half the population of dogs and cats aged 10 and over will die of neoplasia. The bonds that clients have developed with their older pets are especially strong and drive the increasing demand for more proficient and highly compassionate medical treatment of companion animals diagnosed with cancer.
This book offers more than just a competent clinical approach to the most common tumors in dogs and cats. This book also offers a focus on the special needs of geriatric pets and their owners.
Amply illustrated with dozens of case studies representative of those regularly encountered in practice, Canine and Feline Geriatric Oncology will provide readers with the tools needed to diagnose and treat aging pets with cancer, and to help clients make the best decisions for themselves and for the animals with whom they share their lives.
Canine and Feline Geriatric Oncology is a unique resource. It is a useful oncology reference for specialists, veterinarians in general practice, veterinary technicians, and clinic staff. The many "what ifs" that the practitioner inevitably faces in interactions with clients and their aging pets with cancer are presented and discussed.
- Focuses on the special needs of geriatric pets and their caregivers;
- Offers direction in the diagnosis and treatment of aging pets with cancer;
- Addresses many of the "what ifs" that arise in interactions with clients and aging pets with cancer;
- Amply illustrated with full color throughout;
- A valuable reference for practicing veterinarians, technicians, hospital staff, and professionals involved in supportive counseling for pet caregivers.