Enabling Technologies for Mobile Services: The MobiLife Book
Copyright © 2007 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): Mika Klemettinen
Published Online: 5 SEP 2007
Print ISBN: 9780470512906
Online ISBN: 9780470517895
About this Book
The expected future evolution of mobile and wireless communication technologies will enable a whole new generation of mass-market-scale ubiquitous services and applications. The challenge now is to research and develop applications and services addressing the true needs of the end-users, and to provide engaging and sustaining added value to them.
Enabling Technologies for Mobile Services takes a comprehensive approach on these challenges and provides practical guidelines on building new, innovative applications and services. It shares knowledge gained from a collaborative research project where the methods and technologies were applied and utilised.
This book is ideal for professionals working with enabling technologies and service architecture in companies. It will also be of interest to academics and students studying applications/services, enabling technologies and service architectures at the universities and to anyone interested in the general issues surrounding mobile technology.
- Covers key topics in the B3G area including applications and services from the users, key enabling technologies, regulatory and business models, end-user evaluations and applications/services creation points of view
- Explains the results of major collaborative (industry-academia-SMEs) MobiLife research project
- Builds on previous and parallel interaction with the Wireless World Research Forum
- Explores pioneering legal/regulatory analysis of the challenges related to new, advanced application/service solutions including personalisation and DRM
- Presents qualitative evaluations and field studies of more than 250 end-users in Italy and Finland
- Additional material available on companion website