Nanoscale Materials in Chemistry, Second Edition
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): Kenneth J. Klabunde, Ryan M. Richards
Published Online: 22 OCT 2009
Print ISBN: 9780470222706
Online ISBN: 9780470523674
About this Book
About The Product
A comprehensive reference on nanoscale materials chemistry-now revised and updated.
This extensive text provides twenty-two revised chapters on the preparations, applications, and characterization as well as the environmental and toxicological aspects of nanoscale materials, with an emphasis on the chemistry component. This Second Edition contains core topics including:
- New synthetic methods for nanomaterials
- Nanostructured solids
- Organized two- and three-dimensional nanocrystals
- Nanotubes, ribbons, and sheets
- Nanocatalysts, sorbents, and energy applications
- Unique physical properties of nanomaterials
- Photochemistry of nanomaterials
- Biological and environmental aspects of nanomaterials
With input from top experts in the field, such as Bruce Dunn, Vicki Grassian, Warren Ford, and Chris Sorensen, among others, Nanoscale Materials in Chemistry presents a balanced survey of different topics in basic nanoparticle science, and includes helpful end-of-chapter questions and answers. Significantly expanded, the Second Edition remains a key text for understanding the fundamentals of nanoscale materials chemistry and a reliable resource for scientists and researchers.