Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence for Biomedical Engineering
© 2000 the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers, Inc.
Author(s): Donna L. Hudson, Maurice E. Cohen
Published Online: 29 MAY 2012 08:22AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780780334045
Online ISBN: 9780470545355
About this Book
Using examples drawn from biomedicine and biomedical engineering, this essential reference book brings you comprehensive coverage of all the major techniques currently available to build computer-assisted decision support systems. You will find practical solutions for biomedicine based on current theory and applications of neural networks, artificial intelligence, and other methods for the development of decision aids, including hybrid systems.
Neural Networks and Artificial Intelligence for Biomedical Engineering offers students and scientists of biomedical engineering, biomedical informatics, and medical artificial intelligence a deeper understanding of the powerful techniques now in use with a wide range of biomedical applications.
Highlighted topics include:
- Types of neural networks and neural network algorithms
- Knowledge representation, knowledge acquisition, and reasoning methodologies
- Chaotic analysis of biomedical time series
- Genetic algorithms
- Probability-based systems and fuzzy systems
- Evaluation and validation of decision support aids