Biomechanics and Motor Control of Human Movement, Fourth Edition
Copyright © 2009 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Author(s): David A. Winter
Published Online: 17 SEP 2009
Print ISBN: 9780470398180
Online ISBN: 9780470549148
About this Book
The classic book on human movement in biomechanics, newly updated
Widely used and referenced, David Winter's Biomechanics and Motor Control of Human Movement is a classic examination of techniques used to measure and analyze all body movements as mechanical systems, including such everyday movements as walking. It fills the gap in human movement science area where modern science and technology are integrated with anatomy, muscle physiology, and electromyography to assess and understand human movement.
In light of the explosive growth of the field, this new edition updates and enhances the text with:
- Expanded coverage of 3D kinematics and kinetics
- New materials on biomechanical movement synergies and signal processing, including auto and cross correlation, frequency analysis, analog and digital filtering, and ensemble averaging techniques
- Presentation of a wide spectrum of measurement and analysis techniques
- Updates to all existing chapters
- Basic physical and physiological principles in capsule form for quick reference
An essential resource for researchers and student in kinesiology, bioengineering (rehabilitation engineering), physical education, ergonomics, and physical and occupational therapy, this text will also provide valuable to professionals in orthopedics, muscle physiology, and rehabilitation medicine. In response to many requests, the extensive numerical tables contained in Appendix A: "Kinematic, Kinetic, and Energy Data" can also be found at the following Web site: www.wiley.com/go/biomechanics