Glyphosate Resistance in Crops and Weeds: History, Development, and Management
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Inc.
Editor(s): Vijay K. Nandula
Published Online: 21 JUL 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470410318
Online ISBN: 9780470634394
About this Book
New technologies are becoming available for managing glyphosate resistant (GR) weeds and reducing their spread. GR crop technology has revolutionized crop production in the developed world and the benefits are gradually spilling over to the developing world. In order to sustain an effective, environmentally safe herbicide such as glyphosate and the GR crop technology well in to the future, it is imperative that the issue of GR weeds be comprehensively understood. This book provides such an essential, up-to-date source of information on glyphosate resistance for researchers, extension workers, land managers, government personnel, and other decision makers.
- Provides comprehensive coverage of the intensely studied topic of glyphosate resistant (GR) in crops
- Details the development of glyphosate resistance and how to detect and manage the problem in crops
- Helps standardize global approaches to glyphosate resistance
- Encompasses interdisciplinary approaches in chemistry, weed science, biochemistry, plant physiology, plant biotechnology, genetics, ecology
- Includes a chapter on economic analysis of GR impact on crops