Foundations of Applied Electrodynamics
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Wen Geyi
Published Online: 7 APR 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470688625
Online ISBN: 9780470661369
About this Book
About The Product
Foundations of Applied Electrodynamics takes a fresh look at the essential concepts and methods of electrodynamics as a whole, uniting the most relevant contemporary topics under a common mathematical framework. It contains clear explanations of high-level concepts as well as the mutual relationships between the essential ideas of electromagnetic theory. Starting with the fundamentals of electrodynamics, it methodically covers a wide spectrum of research and applications that stem from electromagnetic phenomena, before concluding with more advanced topics such as quantum mechanics.
- Includes new advances and methodologies in applied electrodynamics, and provides the whole picture of the theory of electrodynamics in most active areas of engineering applications
- Systematically deals with eigenvalue problems, integral equation formulations and transient phenomena in various areas of applied electrodynamics
- Introduces the complete theory of spherical vector wave functions, and presents the upper bounds of the product of gain and bandwidth for an arbitrary antenna
- Presents the field approach to multiple antenna system, which provides a theoretical tool for the prediction of channel models of MIMO, and is also the basis of wireless power transmission system
- One of the first books on electromagnetics that contains the general theory of relativity, which is needed in the design of mobile systems such as global positioning system (GPS)
By summarising both engineering and theoretical electromagnetism in one volume, this book is an essential reference for practicing engineers, as well as a guide for those who wish to advance their analytical techniques for studying applied electrodynamics.