Agricultural Survey Methods
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): Roberto Benedetti, Marco Bee, Giuseppe Espa, Federica Piersimoni
Published Online: 25 MAR 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470743713
Online ISBN: 9780470665480
About this Book
Due to the widespread use of surveys in agricultural resources estimation there is a broad and recognizable interest in methods and techniques to collect and process agricultural data. This book brings together the knowledge of academics and experts to increase the dissemination of the latest developments in agricultural statistics. Conducting a census, setting up frames and registers and using administrative data for statistical purposes are covered and issues arising from sample design and estimation, use of remote sensing, management of data quality and dissemination and analysis of survey data are explored.
- Brings together high quality research on agricultural statistics from experts in this field.
- Provides a thorough and much needed overview of developments within agricultural statistics.
- Contains summaries for each chapter, providing a valuable reference framework for those new to the field.
- Based upon a selection of key methodological papers presented at the ICAS conference series, updated and expanded to address current issues.
- Covers traditional statistical methodologies including sampling and weighting.
This book provides a much needed guide to conducting surveys of land use and to the latest developments in agricultural statistics. Statisticians interested in agricultural statistics, agricultural statisticians in national statistics offices and statisticians and researchers using survey methodology will benefit from this book.