The Wiley-Blackwell History of American Film
Copyright © 1999-2014 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780470671153
Editor(s): Cynthia Lucia, Roy Grundmann, and Art Simon
About this Book
Comprising over 90 essays and richly illustrated with over 200 images The Wiley-Blackwell History of American Film provides a chronological portrait of American film history from its origins to the present day.
This collection brings you:
- Discussions of the industrial and institutional components of film history, including multiple modes of production, distribution, and marketing
- Investigations into the political, social, and economic factors that informed industry change and framed the reception of films
- Engaging close readings and in-depth analysis of canonical and non-canonical films
- Profiles of essential industry figures - major directors, stars, and producers - along with important figures outside the industrial mainstream
- An exploration of the history of film criticism and culture, and central issues in American film historiography
- The most authoritative collection of fresh investigations available in one state-of-the-art resource