Digital Audio Signal Processing, Second Edition
Copyright © 2008 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Udo Zölzer
Published Online: 18 JUN 2008
Print ISBN: 9780470997857
Online ISBN: 9780470680018
About this Book
About The Product
A fully updated second edition of the excellent Digital Audio Signal Processing
Well established in the consumer electronics industry, Digital Audio Signal Processing (DASP) techniques are used in audio CD, computer music and multi-media components. In addition, the applications afforded by this versatile technology now range from real-time signal processing to room simulation.
Digital Audio Signal Processing, Second Edition covers the latest signal processing algorithms for audio processing. Every chapter has been completely revised with an easy to understand introduction into the basics and exercises have been included for self testing. Additional Matlab files and Java Applets have been provided on an accompanying website, which support the book by easy to access application examples.
Key features include:
- A thoroughly updated and revised second edition of the popular Digital Audio Signal Processing, a comprehensive coverage of the topic as whole
- Provides basic principles and fundamentals for Quantization, Filters, Dynamic Range Control, Room Simulation, Sampling Rate Conversion, and Audio Coding
- Includes detailed accounts of studio technology, digital transmission systems, storage media and audio components for home entertainment
- Contains precise algorithm description and applications
- Provides a full account of the techniques of DASP showing their theoretical foundations and practical solutions
- Includes updated computer-based exercises, an accompanying website, and features Web-based Interactive JAVA-Applets for audio processing
This essential guide to digital audio signal processing will serve as an invaluable reference to audio engineering professionals, R&D engineers, researchers in consumer electronics industries and academia, and Hardware and Software developers in IT companies. Advanced students studying multi-media courses will also find this guide of interest.