Deploying Mobile WiMAX
© 2009 John Wiley & Sons Ltd.
Author(s): Max Riegel, Dirk Kroeselberg, Aik Chindapol, Domagoj Premec
Published Online: 9 DEC 2011 04:46AM EST
Print ISBN: 9780470694763
Online ISBN: 9780470687215
About this Book
Focusing on the foundation and interactions among components of Mobile WiMAX, Deploying Mobile WiMAX illustrates scenarios of network and radio technology. This book enables readers to utilise the flexibility of IP-based mobile broadband access networks with the scalable OFDMA radio interface. Describing the principles of the Releases 1.0 and 1.5 network and air interface specifications, it also identifies the technical challenges of integrating Mobile WiMAX, and examines its future enhancements. The underlying principles behind the WiMAX network specifications are provided, allowing network designers to decide which features and options to use when planning deployments.
- Introduces the fundamentals of Mobile WiMAX deployments within both new and established telecommunications networks
- Explains the rationale behind the Mobile WiMAX network and radio specifications enabling designers to make use of all applicable features
- Sets out the major building blocks of the topic and acts as a general reference for developers
- Utilizes the latest Release 1.5 network and radio specifications of the WiMAX Forum
- Written by expert authors who have actively contributed to the design of the fundamental concepts adopted in the standardized specifications