ARCH Models for Financial Applications
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Evdokia Xekalaki, Stavros Degiannakis
Published Online: 31 MAR 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470066300
Online ISBN: 9780470688014
About this Book
Autoregressive Conditional Heteroskedastic (ARCH) processes are used in finance to model asset price volatility over time. This book introduces both the theory and applications of ARCH models and provides the basic theoretical and empirical background, before proceeding to more advanced issues and applications. The Authors provide coverage of the recent developments in ARCH modelling which can be implemented using econometric software, model construction, fitting and forecasting and model evaluation and selection.
- Presents a comprehensive overview of both the theory and the practical applications of ARCH, an increasingly popular financial modelling technique.
- Assumes no prior knowledge of ARCH models; the basics such as model construction are introduced, before proceeding to more complex applications such as value-at-risk, option pricing and model evaluation.
- Uses empirical examples to demonstrate how the recent developments in ARCH can be implemented.
- Provides step-by-step instructive examples, using econometric software, such as Econometric Views and the G@RCH module for the Ox software package, used in Estimating and Forecasting ARCH Models.
- Accompanied by a CD-ROM containing links to the software as well as the datasets used in the examples.
Aimed at readers wishing to gain an aptitude in the applications of financial econometric modelling with a focus on practical implementation, via applications to real data and via examples worked with econometrics packages.