Color Management: Understanding and using ICC Profiles
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Editor(s): Phil Green
Published Online: 11 FEB 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470058251
Online ISBN: 9780470688106
Series Editor(s): Michael A. Kriss
About this Book
About The Product
Color Management serves as a comprehensive guide to the implementation of the ICC (International Color Consortium) profile specification, widely used for maintaining color fidelity across multi-media imaging devices and software. The book draws together many of the White Papers produced by the ICC to promote the use of color management and disseminate good practice; the ICC specification has become widely accepted within the color industry, and these papers have been updated, expanded and edited for this collection. Other chapters comprise material that will go on to form future ICC White Papers, as well as some original content. The ICC review process ensures that the material and recommendations included are collaborative, reflecting the input of the wide community of color and imaging scientists and developers who make up its membership. Readers can be assured of the best advice for achieving optimum results.
- Provides an overview of color management in applications and the role of ICC profiles in a color reproduction system.
- Presents user guidelines on color measurement procedures and discusses measurement issues for media such as optically-brightened papers and inkjet prints.
- Offers comprehensive guidance on the latest version of the specification and the application of the perceptual rendering intent with its reference gamut.
- Examines the construction and benefits of different types of ICC profiles, and sets out compliance test considerations, implementation notes and evaluation of profile quality.
- Includes a glossary of terms.
This book is written for color and imaging scientists developing, implementing and using color management systems within a range of imaging devices and software. Senior undergraduate and postgraduate students will also find the book of use.