Practical Cell Analysis
Copyright © 2010 John Wiley & Sons, Ltd
Author(s): Dimitri Pappas
Published Online: 17 FEB 2010
Print ISBN: 9780470741559
Online ISBN: 9780470688441
About this Book
About The Product
As analytical chemistry and biology move closer together, biologists are performing increasingly sophisticated analytical techniques on cells. Chemists are also turning to cells as a relevant and important sample to study newly developed methods. Practical Cell Analysis provides techniques, hints, and time-saving tips explaining what may be "common knowledge" to one field but are often hidden or unknown to another.
Within this practical guide:
- The procedures and protocols for cell separation, handling cells on a microscope and for using cells in microfluidic devices are presented.
- Elements of cell culture are taken and combined with the practical advice necessary to maintain a cell lab and to handle cells properly during an analysis
- The main chapters deal with the fundamentals and applied aspects of each technique, with one complete chapter focusing on statistical considerations of analyzing cells
- Many diagram-based protocols for some of the more common cell processes are included
- Chapter summaries and extensive tables are included so that key information can be looked up easily in the lab setting
Much like a good manual or cookbook this book is a useful, practical guide and a handy reference for all students, researchers and practitioners involved in cellular analysis.