Topley and Wilson's Microbiology and Microbial Infections
Copyright © 1999-2013 by John Wiley and Sons, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Online ISBN: 9780470688618
About this Book
A comprehensive reference to microorganisms and the resulting infectious diseases currently available. Forming a unique online resource that provides a handy reference for medical microbiologists, immunologists, infectious disease specialists, pathologists and public health scientists.
Provides extensive coverage of virology, bacteriology, medical mycology, parasitology and immunology. It includes the latest information on epidemiology, identification, classification and new and emerging infections, all supported by the basic science that underlie infectious disease.
- The content is topical with the current world issues on viral epidemics and biological warfare threats.
- Content is supported by over 1,400 full color photographs and 700 line drawings.
- The content is reviewed by an internationally acclaimed editorial team to ensure quality and consistency of style.
- Articles are drawn from over 400 contributions from over 20 countries.
- The 10th Edition includes new content on immunology which allows readers to identify specific topics related to infectious diseases and also to find information on the basic mechanisms underlying immunity.
Virology articles in Topley and Wilson
By Hugh J. Field
By Gisela Enders