Twentieth-Century American Poetry
Copyright © 2004 Christopher MacGowan
Author(s): Christopher MacGowan
Published Online: 1 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631220251
Online ISBN: 9780470690055
About this Book
About The Product
Written by a leading authority on William Carlos Williams, this book provides a wide-ranging and stimulating guide to twentieth-century American poetry.
- A wide-ranging and stimulating critical guide to twentieth-century American poetry.
- Written by a leading authority on the innovative modernist poet, William Carlos Williams.
- Explores the material, historical and social contexts in which twentieth-century American poetry was produced.
- Includes a biographical dictionary of major writers with extended entries on poets ranging from Robert Frost to Adrienne Rich.
- Contains a section on key texts considering major works, such as 'The Waste Land', 'North & South', 'Howl' and 'Ariel'.
- The final section draws out key themes, such as American poetry, politics and war, and the process of anthologizing at the end of the century.