Copyright © 2007 Blackwell Publishing Ltd
Editor(s): Michael H. Whitworth
Published Online: 1 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9780631230779
Online ISBN: 9780470690161
About this Book
This guide helps readers to engage with the major critical debates surrounding literary modernism.
- A judicious selection of key critical works on literary modernism
- Presents a critical history from the earliest reviews to the most recent theoretical assessments
- Shows how modernist writers understood and constructed modernism.
- Shows how succeeding generations have developed those constructions and brought new interpretations to bear on the subject
- Discusses how modernism relates to modernity and odernization, and to other literary and cultural movements
- Texts have been selected for their relevance to the questions surrounding modernism, and for their accessibility to readers with a limited knowledge of the modernist canon
- Includes a glossary and an annotated bibliography.