C. S. Lewis: A Guide to His Theology
Copyright © 2007 David G. Clark
Author(s): David G. Clark
Published Online: 15 APR 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405158831
Online ISBN: 9780470692387
About this Book
In this engaging book David Clark guides the reader through the theology of CS Lewis and illuminates the use and understanding of scripture in the works of this popular author.
- Examines his life, work, world view, and the implications of his theology in relation to his other writings
- Looks at Lewis' beliefs on the topics of redemption, humanity, spiritual growth, purgatory, and resurrection
- Examines the different perspectives on Lewis and his work: as prophet, evangelist, and as a spiritual mentor
- Explores the range and influence of Lewis' work, from the bestselling apologetic, Mere Christianity, to the world-famous Chronicles of Narnia
- Features specially-commissioned artwork throughout
- Written in an accessible style for general readers, students, and scholars, and will introduce Lewis' theology to a wider audience.