Copyright © 2007 John Leslie
Author(s): John Leslie
Published Online: 17 MAR 2008
Print ISBN: 9781405162036
Online ISBN: 9780470692493
About this Book
Might we be parts of a divine mind? Could anything like an afterlife make sense? Starting with a Platonic answer to why the world exists, Immortality Defended suggests we could well be immortal in all of three separate ways.
- Tackles the fundamental questions posed by our very existence, among them, "why does the cosmos exist?", "is there a divine mind or God?", and "in what sense might we have afterlives?"
- Defends a belief in immortality, without the need for a religious affiliation or rejection of modern science
- Explores the ideas of "Einsteinian immortality", the divine afterlife, and the theory of an infinite and divine mind
- Draws from the work of a wide-range of philosophers, from ancient Greece to the present day, and incorporates up-to-date scientific findings
- Written in a thought-provoking and engaging manner, accessible to anyone intrigued by the wonder of our being